German WWII Luftwaffe Specialty Patch for Technical Personnel-A machine embroidered five-cylinder airplane engine within an oak-leaf wreath and stylized wings in light gray embroidery, on a grey wool backing. This has a black rayon backing on the reverse. As a way of recognizing members who were specially trained in each of these technical categories, specialty patches were standardized in 1935. Soldiers were instructed to wear them on the left forearm of the Luftwaffe enlisted and NCO overcoats, parade jackets, and field tunics (officers did not wear specialty patches on their uniforms). Soldiers were issued these patches upon completion of their technical courses, after passing qualifying exams, or after they had practiced their specialty for a specific amount of time. Female auxiliary Luftwaffe members were also authorized to wear specialty patches. Interesting patch in very good condition.