One of the main concerns I hear from potential collectors is that authentic German World War II items are too expensive. The guy earning an average wage cannot afford to collect these “rare” relics because of the cost. Many new collectors shy away from collecting and don’t even get started because they speculate that these collectibles are simply too costly.
They say they love the history of the events leading up to WWII and know a great deal about the Axis powers including The Third Reich, Fascist Italy and Imperial Japan because they have seen the movies and read the books. They understand the various organizations like the SA (Storm Troopers), the SS (Schutzstaffel), the Army (Heer), the Air Force (Luftwaffe), the German Navy (Kriegsmarine), the NSDAP (NAZI Party) and so on but the idea that they can possess actual original artifacts from this volatile period seems to be out of their financial reach.
Well, the reality is that you can purchase multiple authentic souvenirs on a modest budget! You do not have to travel hundreds of miles to gun and antique shows. You do not have to spend your weekends going to yard sales. You do not have to participate in auctions and pay buyer’s premiums. It can be done simply by logging on to www.therupturedduck.com
For the purposes of this article, I am going to focus on medals and badges. The following listing offers a price guide for historians and collectors who want to have pieces that represent the military and political organizations listed above and many more. I am talking about real items in sound condition that you can display and enjoy and not land in the dog house with your significant other! These are items that regularly appear on my website. If you don’t see it listed, do not hesitate to call or email because, although we may not have it listed, we might just have it in stock and will be happy to send you pictures and descriptions.
So, hang on to your hat and your wallet because here is a sampling of what I am talking about. These medals and badges can all be bought for $100 or less!
- Black and Silver Wound Badge ...WWI and WWII used by all the German WWII forces
- Iron Cross WWI …1914 but the ribbon is seen on many WWII German tunics
- Cross of Honor 1914-1918 …one of Hitler’s first authorized awards
- War Merit Cross with and without Swords
- NAZI DRL Sports Badge
- NAZI SA Sports Badge
- NAZI Faithful Service Awards for 25 and 40 Years
- Austrian Annexation Award March 12th, 1938 (Anschluss)
- Czechoslovakian Annexation Award October 1st, 1938 (Anschluss)
- NAZI Party Membership Pin
- Hitler Youth Membership Pin
- Hitler Youth Marksmanship Award
- Hitler Youth Proficiency Award
- Mother’s Cross in Bronze, Silver or Gold
- Hundreds of German/Nazi Tinnies
- Hundreds of Wehrmacht and NAZI Stickpins
- NAZI Red Cross/Social Welfare Medal
- Ribbon Bars representing multiple organizations and awards
How is that for starters? These could keep you busy for a long time make excellent displays and do not take up a lot of space.
I am always open to feedback and comments so do not hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 978-928-4495.
Have fun, collect, enjoy and preserve history!