We do receive a lot of requests for and questions about layaways. I am more than happy to work out a payment plan on larger items, knowing that the money we use for our collectibles falls under the category of "mad money". It should not come from "house money". We have always subscribed to the philosophy that "Walmart was not built on cash and carry" and fully understand that we all have a limited budget with which to work.. With that in mind, here are the guidelines for the LAYAWAY program at The Ruptured Duck.
1) In order for an item to fall into the category of a layaway, the purchase price must be at least $300.00.
2) The length of the layaway depends on the price of the item(s). This will serve as a basic guideline for the duration of a layaway:
a) if the price of the item(s) is $300.00 to $500.00, the layaway time is up to 60 days;
b) from $500.00 to $1,000.00, the layaway time is up to 90 days;
c) from $1,000.00 to $2,500.00, the layaway time is up to 180 days;
d) from $2,500.00 to $4,000.00, the layaway time is up to 270 days;
e) item(s) for more than $4,000.00, the layaway time is up to a year.
3) No interest will be charged on layaways.
4) If the purchase includes multiple items, individual items will not be sent until the entire layaway has been paid for.
5) The down payment for a layaway will represent 25% of the purchase price. This down payment is non-refundable if the buyer does not live up to his or her end of the agreement. We will also retain any applicable credit card or PayPal processing fees that we have incurred if the agreement is not followed.
6) The remainder of the balance of the layaway will be divided into monthly installments. We will do the math for you and we can facilitate these payments if you are using a credit card. We will either process payments or send you invoices on the given day, and this will be followed by an emailed receipt, based on the agreed to terms of the layaway.
7) Return policy....Your satisfaction is very important to me and originality is always guaranteed for lifetime. However, if you elect to return an item that you have placed on layaway, we shall retain the down payment as a processing and administrative payment, because I will need to market the item over again. Additionally, payments made using either a credit card or PayPal may be subject to our retaining processing fees, as we are charged a fee to process the credit card or PayPal payment and we cannot recoup this expense.
8) All layaways are subject to approval, and we reserve the right to decline layaway plans for any given reason.